Friday, June 27, 2014

She's Still There

It's so common for friends to let me down and I usually know when them letting me down is becoming a problem and I'll tell them. But I have this friend who keeps breaking promises and lying to me but I can't let her go.

Why?

Because I have a "vibe meter" that's pretty accurate. I can tell when someone is a good or bad person and I can tell when there's still hope. My friend has been a shitty friend lately but I know her and I know that things she's doing aren't her. They're her boyfriend and the people she's been hanging out with. I also feel like I should blame every person who romanticizes drugs and partying because it seems like part of the problem is that she thinks things like that are cool.

I know the girl I met in the beginning of the year is still there and she knows it too. When we were walking down to the brook, just the two of us she said: "This is the [her name] you remember,  right?" And I was stunned to hear her say that because I was beginning to lose hope. But the old girl is still there.

I just hope I can help her find that girl before she's gone forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment